Charles A. Lamberton is a top-rated Pittsburgh employment lawyer and wrongful termination attorney who has recovered millions of dollars for his clients. He represents executives, managers and professionals in high-end discrimination, retaliation, sexual harassment and wrongful termination cases.
Following a favorable verdict at trial, one of Mr. Lamberton’s clients wrote: “As a law enforcement officer of nearly 30 years’ experience, and a witness in hundreds of trials, I can honestly say your performance was the finest I have ever seen. Your thoroughness in case preparation, and outstanding presentation, is only surpassed by your personal sense of justice. Your character and feel for your craft is a credit to your profession. It was an extreme honor having you represent me.”
His results include: $2,000,000 (wrongful death), $1,500,000 (wrongful termination), $950,000 (age discrimination), $820,000 (False Claims Act), $750,000 (military service discrimination), $725,000 (negligent hiring/sexual harassment), $725,000 (military service discrimination), $600,000 (insurance bad faith), $500,000 (sexual harassment), $500,000 (age discrimination), $490,000 (sexual harassment), $450,000 (disability discrimination), $250,000 (age discrimination), $240,000 (age discrimination), $200,000 (pregnancy discrimination).
Mr. Lamberton is the former Chairman of the Labor and Employment Section of the Allegheny County Bar Association, the former President of the Western Pennsylvania Employment Lawyers Association, a former Council Member of the ACBA Federal Court Section, and is an active member of both Taxpayers Against Fraud and the National Employment Lawyers Association. In 2022, Mr. Lamberton was accepted as a member of The Wendell G. Freeland Society. Mr. Lamberton also has management-side experience representing a healthcare company with more than 1,400 employees in five States. Mr. Lamberton frequently lectures for the Pennsylvania Bar Institute, where he instructs other lawyers on employment law topics. The American Society of Legal Advocates selected Mr. Lamberton as one of the Top 100 Labor & Employment Lawyers in Pennsylvania in 2018. He is a Pennsylvania SuperLawyer* and has a rating of Superb from Avvo. Mr. Lamberton graduated with honors from the University of Pittsburgh School of Law in 1996. Prior to attending law school, Mr. Lamberton received a degree in Economics from Saint Olaf College in Northfield, Minnesota.
* Super Lawyer – Charles A. Lamberton was selected to Super Lawyers in 2006, 2010 and from 2020-2023. This selection is based on an evaluation of 12 indicators including peer recognition and professional achievement in legal practice. Being selected to Super Lawyers is limited to a small number of attorneys in each state. As one of the few attorneys to garner the distinction of Super Lawyers, Charles A. Lamberton has earned the respect of peers as one of the top-rated attorneys in the nation.
- “As a law enforcement officer of nearly 30 years’ experience, and a witness in hundreds of trials, I can honestly say your performance was the finest I have ever seen.” Police Lt. James McCullough
- “Absolutely fabulous. Brilliant.” Diane DeCecco, Health Information Director
- “Mr. Lamberton saved my family’s future and renewed our faith in the judicial system. He changed our lives.” Cynthia Ebert, Nursing Assistant
- “Charles Lamberton is a very kind and caring attorney to work with. He took keen personal interest in my case from day one and produced successful results.” Padmarao Jevaji, Medical Doctor
- “I had a case against a huge corporation. I was angry, hurt and scared. I cannot tell you how glad I was to hire Mr. Charles Lamberton. You could not ask for a better attorney. I worked with this man for a few years and let me tell you, he worked very hard for me and was phenomenal.” Brian Watson, River Boat Pilot
- “I’m glad I had you on my side, giving me the strength to continue through to the end.” Christina Balmert, Regional Sales Manager
- “Thank you sincerely for fighting for us! We feel very fortunate to have met you during such a rough time.” Kelly Sabol, Production Engineer
Professional Writings and Presentations
Mr. Lamberton’s professional writings and presentations include USERRA: What Businesses Need to Know, lecture to the ACBA Corporate Banking and Business Law Section, March 2023; The Attorney-Client Privilege and Work Product Rule, PBI Emp. Law Inst. West 2021; A Primer on the False Claims Act, ACBA Business Law Section CLE 2021; Working Remotely: The Legal Challenges Employers Face from the Growing Popularity of Telecommuting Arrangements, PBI No. 2019; Litigating Sexual Harassment Cases in the #MeToo Movement, PBI No. 2018; Handling the Boom in Age Discrimination Cases, PBI No. 2017; Medical Leave as a Reasonable Accommodation, PBI No. 2016-9454; Retaliation in the Electronic Age, presented April 8, 2016 at NELA’s Reining in Retaliation & Winning Whistleblower Cases Spring Seminar; Less Traditional Claims Against Employers, PBI No. 2015-9060; The Attorney’s Guide to Workplace Retaliation Claims, National Business Institute, 2015; Complicated Issues in Sexual Harassment Cases, PBI No. 2014-8506; Discovery and Trial Use of Social Media Evidence, PBI No. 2012-7435; Dukes v. Wal-Mart Stores, Inc., PBI No. 2011-6950; Social Media and the Law, PBI No. 2010-6036; Electronic Discovery – Top Ten Mistakes Lawyers Make, PBI No. 2010-6036; Mediating Employment Claims, Pennsylvania Employment Law Institute West, 2009; Valuing Employment Cases From Intake Through Trial, Pennsylvania Employment Law Institute West, 2009; Valuing Employment Cases, Federal Court Section of the Allegheny County Bar Association, 2009; Hot Topics in Employment Law, Pennsylvania Employment Law Institute West, 2008; Local Rule 56.1 – The Judges Speak Out, presentation to the Allegheny County Bar Association, 2008; Employment Arbitration, presentation to the National Academy of Arbitrators, 2007; The Use of Video Testimony in Employment Cases, presentation to the Allegheny County Bar Association, 2007; How to Effectively Retain, Present and Cross-Examine Expert Witnesses, Pennsylvania Employment Law Institute West, 2006; After-Acquired Evidence in Discrimination Cases, The Lawyers Journal, Vol. 7, No. 22, October 28, 2005; Challenges of the Mind: Managing Mental Disabilities in the Workplace, Human Resources Executive, June 16, 2005; Tax Treatment of Attorney Fee Awards, lecture to the ACBA Civil Litigation Committee, April 26, 2005; Attorney Employment Contracts: Don’t Sign Away Your Right to Practice Law, The Lawyers Journal, Vol. 5, No. 24, November 28, 2003. A sample of Mr. Lamberton’s work appears in the 2013 edition of Platt and Ventrell-Monsees’ two-volume treatise Age Discrimination Litigation.
Mr. Lamberton often serves as a media consultant on current issues in employment law. Some of his interviews can be found at the
- Pittsburgh Business Times
- Human Resource Executive Magazine
- International Business Times
- Pittsburgh Business Times
- CNBC.com 2